VRLA Tech, LLC (“VRLA”) recognizes the fundamental importance of privacy, security, and data protection to our customers and Business Partners worldwide. As an organization, we strive to provide protection across all of our operations that exceed legal minimums and instill consistent and rigorous policies and procedures.
Information VRLA May Collect. VRLA may ask Buyer to provide Personal Information when Buyer:
- Uses our website;
- Requests quotes, services, support, downloads, trials, whitepapers or information;
- Places orders for products or services or registers for events or webinars;
- Applies for credit terms;
- Participates in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotional activities online or in any other venue;
- Subscribes to newsletters, VRLA programs, promotional emails or other materials;
- Applies for a job, submits Buyers resume; or
- Contacts us.
Personal Information we request may include Buyers email address, name, phone number, and home or business address. If Buyer makes a purchase, VRLA may ask for Buyers credit card number and billing information. Job applicants may be asked to provide information such as educational background, employment experience and job interest, and such information can be recorded. VRLA may also collect demographic information, such as Buyers business or company information, age, gender, interest and preferences.
How VRLA Uses Buyers Personal Information. VRLA collects and uses personal data to manage Buyers relationship with VRLA to better serve Buyer by personalizing Buyers experience and interaction with us. VRLA uses Buyers personal information to:
- Deliver services and support or carry out transactions that Buyer requested;
- Send communications to Buyer, such as transaction status including order confirmations, information about particular VRLA programs in which Buyer chooses to participate, information about products and services available from VRLA, promotional offers and surveys;
- Customize, analyze and improve our products, services (including the content and advertisements on our website), technologies, communications and relationship with Buyer;
- Enforce our conditions of sale, website terms and/or separate contracts (if applicable) with Buyer;
- Prevent fraud or other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of our website, our business, or our products or services; or
- Otherwise, as disclosed to Buyer at the point of collection.
Disclosing Personal Information. VRLA may share Buyers Personal Information with its Business Partners to carry out transactions you request, or to make our business more responsive to your needs. These communications may include requests relating to VRLA services or offers. We will only share Buyers Personal Information with Business Partners who agree to protect your Personal Information and use it solely for the purposes set forth by VRLA. In addition, VRLA may disclose Buyers Personal Information in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention, or other legal action; as required by law or regulation; if VRLA (or part of VRLA) is sold or merges with another company; or if VRLA reasonably believes it is necessary to protect VRLA, its customers, or the public.
Except as described above, VRLA will not disclose Buyers Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without Buyers consent.
Selecting Your Communication Preferences and Opting Out of Marketing. Buyer may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from VRLA by indicating Buyers preferences. Opportunities to select Buyers preferences include the following:
- The My Account section on vrlatech.com allows Buyer to choose whether Buyer wishes to receive marketing communications from VRLA, and to subscribe or unsubscribe to newsletters about VRLA products and services; and
- Any marketing by VRLA, or any third parties on behalf of VRLA, will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and include, where applicable, methods to allow you to express your preferences
Please allow up to 10 business days for your email preferences to take effect. Because some promotions, such as direct mail catalogs, are developed in advance, you may sometimes receive solicitations after VRLA receives your preference request.
How VRLA Secures Buyers Personal Information. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure and ensure the appropriate use of Buyers information, VRLA utilizes reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information that we collect and process. VRLA’s reasonable steps include:
- Using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details;
- Limiting physical access to VRLA’s premises
- Limiting access to information that VRLA collects about Buyer;
- Ensuring that VRLA and VRLA’s Business Partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep information secure; and
- Where required by law, destroying or de-identifying Personal Information.
Targeted Email Marketing by VRLA. Some marketing that Buyer receives, including email marketing, may also be personalized based on Buyers visits to vrlatech.com and Buyers browsing and purchase history. In addition, when Buyer clicks on some links in email marketing that Buyer receives, VRLA’s email service provider may place a cookie on Buyers browser. This type of cookie would be linked to Buyers email address or IP address and used to gather information about the products and services that Buyer viewed and purchased from vrlatech.com. Information may be used to personalize and customize future email marketing messages that Buyer receives. Buyer may opt out of this use by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in every personalized email marketing message that Buyer receives.
Cookies and Other Technology. Vrlatech.com employs cookies and web beacons to speed Buyers navigation of the Site, recognize Buyer and track Buyers usage.
- Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help VRLA determine whether a page on the site has been viewed, and if so, how many times.
- VRLA may use third-party advertising companies to tailor site content to users. These third-party companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third-party companies collect via cookies and web beacons are not linked to any Personal Information collected by VRLA.
Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information. VRLA takes children’s privacy seriously. VRLA does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 through vrlatech.com. If Buyer is under 13 years of age, please do not submit any personal information throughout vrlatech.com without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian.
Contact Us. If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please write to us at the following address:
VRLA Tech, LLC.
6731 Variel Ave.
Canoga Park, CA 91303You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.